HISTORY OF THE
The Rounds Coal Company was built in 1908 by the F.L. Rounds Coal Company and designed by C.A. Olmstead.
It has an arch through which trucks passed to be weighed empty and reweighed after loading with coal at the large tipple near the train station. It served as a weigh station for coal until 2002.
In 2006 the Coal House was picked up and moved to a position straddling the Rail Trail.
Today, the first floor houses the Happy Squirrel Bakery and the second floor is home to the offices for the Vestal Museum.